Visit competition website
The Fentress Global Challenge (FGC) Competition is organized by Curtis Fentress in 2011.
Last date of entry
31th May 2019
Who may participant
The FGC competition is open to graduate and undergraduate students who are currently pursuing architecture or engineering degrees in an accredited university program, as well as recent graduates with a degree in architecture or engineering.
Any place in the world.
The Fentress Global Challenge (FGC)competition represents an extraordinary exploration into the future of architecture and in so doing, has helped advance the pursuit of innovative design in public architecture.Global commerce and the unprecedented demand for travel and have resulted in the proliferation of airports around the world.
Conditions of Entry:
- Designs must center on one of these airports or one of comparable size:
- ATLANTA GA, US (ATL)
- BEIJING, CN (PEK)
- LONDON, GB (LHR)
- CHICAGO IL, US (ORD)
- TOKYO, JP (HND)
- LOS ANGELES CA, US (LAX)
- PARIS, FR (CDG)
- DALLAS/FORT WORTH TX, US (DFW)
- FRANKFURT, DE (FRA)
- HONG KONG, HK (HKG)
- Up to 8 pages in 11 inch x 17 inch format, landscape orientation,
- Each of the 8 pages must have a page number and the team name,
- File must be named as follows: 2018/2019_team name_design concept title.pdf,
- The submission must have a design concept title, a 400-word description, and a brief description of the team or individual submitting,
- Supporting diagrams, plans, sections and perspectives are encouraged,
- The digital file may be no larger than 100mb,
- In a separate PDF, please include student IDs of the group members,
Competition is free to enter.
- 1ST PLACE – US$10,000 Cash + Event- The top prize includes US$10,000 cash and the opportunity to accompany Curt Fentress to a prestigious architectural event where you will receive your award. Airfare, lodging, and entrance fee will be paid for by Fentress Architects, not to exceed US$5,000. Winners are responsible for obtaining necessary visas and paperwork. If entering as a group, the monetary prize and attendance at the architectural event will be distributed equally.
- 2ND PLACE – US$3,000
- 3RD PLACE – US$2,000
- 2 PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARDS – US$1,000
Visit Official Website to learn more about the competition and submitted rules.